A tornado of enthusiasm took hold of my advanced class the day Snežana made her first appearance. In her wake, the looks were perplexed, amused, shocked at times, but nothing reached the sunny mood of our giant with generous moves. Snežana didn’t have the indispensable, but she already possessed the essentials: the ability to spread happiness. So of course, we had what to work on, organize, refine and master, but what a pleasure to teach such a receptive dancer!
News: Jewels of Asia, International Christmas Bazaar, Festival Alternativa.
Her strong point: The « joie de vivre » that emanates from Snežana and shows in every move, from the flicker of the eyelash to the arabesques, passing through the shimmy.
Her weak point: the flip side of spontaneity: too much of “everything and immediately” to the detriment of a mastered crescendo.
To be developed: A quiet strength. You need to keep on working on deeper moves and techniques. Finish your sentences even if you need to correct their path (translation for the uninitiated: instead of jumping from one move to another when you think your choice was wrong, bring this move elsewhere).
Milena is one of them. Brilliant in classes, she has an intuitive understanding of music, and an extremely subtle interpretation.
News: Milena will perform on Sunday December 6. For the Chritmas Bazaar 2014
Her strong point: sensitivity which allows her to live intensely the emotions of music, finesse and accuracy, respect and humility towards teaching.
Her weak point: a strong cerebral side (student in Faculty of Organizational Sciences…) that can harm spontaneity.
To be developed: Self confidence. You need to cultivate the pleasure of dancing, even in the challenge of a show or a competition.
My message: Milena, imaš sve atribute velike plesačice. Nastavi dalje da radiš i budi Ti!
At this intuitive dance workshop, Tamara Miladinović will guide us through a deep musical journey. The destination: ourselves, the route: the four elements.
Water’s fluid movements for a connection with our femininity,
Fire and its sharp movements to explore power and passion,
Mother Earth and its strong movements to reconnect to our roots,
And finally the light movements of the Air, symbols of free expression.
Find out which element is your favorite one, and in which one you feel the least comfortable with. You might find out something important!
Tamara and I are looking forward to opening new doors with you.
I am offering you, from september 1, to meet Mondays and Fridays from 12 to 1pm, in Funfit Club, Kralja Milana 4. You can bring your baby to class if you want!
I am avalaible for your comments and suggestions.
Girls, do you want to know the secret of a happy, fulfilled, fun, and sexy pregnancy (three in my case)? As you know, it comes from the head, however not only…
Having the double experience of motherhood in France and in Serbia, I can assure you that, despite all my happiness to live among the Serbs, I thank heaven to have started my career as a mom elsewhere!!!
As soon as my stomach began to show, I was regarded as an alien, a very friendly one indeed, but totally irresponsible! Then I realized, I who was expecting my third child (!) and behaving exactly like the previous two times – active from the first to the last day of pregnancy, full of energy and enthusiasm -how big the cultural gap between Serbian women and myself was.
I gave birth, in term, to a baby in great shape, calm and peaceful, which I could take everywhere with me and who turn into a sociable and curious child, open to the world.
Briefly, here are the benefits of the practice of oriental dance, during and immediatly after pregnancy:
- Forcing you to leave home and get ready for your rendez-vous with the mirror. Oriental dance loves and respects curves, and a regular practice will prevent these curves to turn into undesirable overweight.
- Give you a space to dare Thousand and one night outfits, both comfortable and ideal to highlight your changing body. This is the time to dare necklines that would cause car accidents in the streets!
- Disconnect from the outside and connect to your baby, by alterning soft and tonic movements, always beneficial for your body and the well-being of your child. By listening to different music that your child will hear in-utero and appreciate after its birth, for he will
East Koncept and friends are pleased to welcome you to an artistic charity evening on the theme of Movement, on Friday April 11 at 7 pm at the premises of Jevrejska Opstina, Kralja Petra 71/A.
- From 7 pm, Movement of the pencil and arabesques on paper of the students of Ivona Pleskonja, tomorrow’s greats. Mingle between the easels and pick your favorite drawing. You can acquire them at the auction.
- From 7 30 pm to 8 pm, graphic and choreographic Movement through the performance of the oriental dance company “Les Jasmins”.
- Presentation of the project «Održivo Svratište“(Sustainable shelter) by the Center for integration of youth.
- Starting 8 pm, it is a Movement of generosity that we are inviting you to: participate at an auction sale of the artists of East Koncept .